Safety Tips from a Detroit Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can have devastating physical, emotional, and financial consequences. Our Michigan attorneys serving the Tri-County area have seen first-hand the impact of such accidents. While some accidents may seem unavoidable and the causes of motorcycle accidents can vary, it's important for all riders to remain aware of basic safety tips that cannot only help reduce the severity of motorcycle accident injuries, but potentially help bike enthusiasts in Detroit and all over Wayne, Macomb and Oakland counties avoid accidents altogether.
The lawyers at Fraser & Souweidane recommend the following safety tips:
- Wear a helmet at all times and require your passenger to do so.
- Obey posted speed limits, traffic signals, and exercise caution while passing.
- Take steps to increase visibility to other drivers (who might not see you), such as keeping your headlights on at all times and wearing reflective clothing at night.
- Only carry passengers when you know you can safely control and maneuver your motorcycle.
- Keep an eye out for bumps, cracks in the road, loose gravel or any other condition that might cause you to lose control of your bike.
You have rights. Let us fight for the compensation you deserve
At Fraser & Souweidane, our motorcycle accident lawyers in Detroit understand how difficult life can be in the days, weeks and months following an accident. We understand that dealing with your physical recovery might only be part of the problem. Even worse, you might be coping with lost wages from missing work and expensive medical bills. The insurance company might try to bully you into accepting a "low ball settlement" before the true extent of your injuries is fully known. We know it's not fair. We firmly believe that if you didn't cause your accident, you shouldn't have to pay for somebody else's mistakes.
Call Fraser & Souweidane for a free case consultation. Our law firm has more than 45 years of experience fighting for the rights of accident victims throughout the greater Detroit area. We know how to collect the right evidence. We can interview witnesses. We can examine medical and police records. We'll even take on big corporations and their insurance companies to build a strong legal strategy on your behalf. Contact us today at (866) 465-9095 to discuss your legal options with an experienced attorney who knows how to protect your rights.