Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents in Michigan
Straight answers from a Michigan car accident law firm you can trust - Fraser & Souweidane
Michigan car accident law firm Fraser & Souweidane knows auto accidents in Detroit and other cities in Michigan can be complicated. Even knowing where to find answers to your important legal questions can be overwhelming.
Fortunately, you don't have to tackle your auto accident on your own. Our experienced Michigan car accident lawyers can walk you through the legal minefield that often awaits victims of serious auto accidents.
We know what questions to ask after an accident. We know what information to look for to uncover the truth. Discover what Fraser & Souweidane can do for you. Contact us and schedule a free case evaluation. Call (866) 465-9095.
Information you can use from Michigan auto accident attorneys who care
We realize you probably have a lot of questions about your car accident. That's why we have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions about car accidents. We know you want honest answers and straightforward advice. You can trust us.
Cars matter in Michigan. Auto makers put the state on the map. People here take pride in their work. The same is true at Fraser & Souweidane. We work tirelessly on every car accident case we handle. You can expect that same high level of exceptional service when you hire us.
Case results matter here. And so do you. That's why we promise to make your case our top priority. If you or loved one sustained a serious injury or were killed in a car accident, you need to take strong legal action fast. A delay could affect your ability to be compensated.
Answers to frequently asked questions about Michigan auto accidents
- What are the common causes of car accidents in Michigan?
- What types of car accidents do Fraser & Souweidane handle?
- What are common car accident injuries in Michigan?
- What should I do after a car accident in Michigan?
- Should I see a doctor after my Michigan auto accident even if I feel OK?
- Should I accept an offer from an insurance company for my Michigan car accident?
- Can I negotiate with an insurance company after my Michigan auto accident?
- Should I file an auto accident lawsuit in Michigan?
- Why should I hire attorneys Fraser & Souweidane to handle my car accident?
Car accidents happen for many reasons in Michigan. From icy roads to reckless drivers, auto accidents here occur due to a wide range of factors. Some of the common causes of car accidents we handle in Michigan include:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
No two car accidents are ever exactly alike, but many auto accidents involve many similar circumstances. Some of the most common types of auto accidents include:
- Rear-end accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
Auto accidents injuries can often be very serious and sometimes even fatal. If you or a loved one sustained a life-threatening car accident injury or died in an auto accident, contact Fraser & Souweidane immediately. Our aggressive car accident attorneys have years of experience handling a wide range of car accident injuries, including:
- Head injuries (including traumatic brain injury)
- Neck injuries (including whiplash)
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Bone fractures
What should I do after a car accident in Michigan?
You need to take decisive action if you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident in Michigan caused by another driver. We strongly encourage car accident victims to take the following steps after a car accident in Michigan:
- Contact the police department where your accident took place
- Seek immediate medical attention and find out the severity of your injury
- (If you are seriously injured, ask someone to gather information on your behalf)
- Get the full name, address, phone number and insurance information of driver
- Take photographs of your accident, including
- Damage to vehicles
- Traffic signals, especially if they're not working
- Street lights, especially if they're not working
- Visible injures to yourself or others
- Talk to witnesses and get their names, addresses and phone numbers
- Contact your insurance company and simply tell them you were in an accident
- Do not answer insurance company questions about your accident
- Direct all question from insurance companies about your accident to us
- Contact Fraser & Souweidane and get the legal assistance you need now
Yes. Don't try to diagnose yourself, even if you work in the medical field. Have an experienced doctor, emergency medical technician (EMT) or another medical professional examine you. You may have a life-threatening internal injury.
Don't take chances with your health. See a doctor as soon as possible after your car accident. And if you have a serious injury, make sure you receive treatment immediately and document your injuries. Insurance companies often demand evidence of an injury before compensating injury victims.
Before you accept any financial offer for your auto accident, contact Fraser & Souweidane, P.C. We have years of experience handling complicated car accidents and can help you decide if the offer being made truly covers the cost of your accident.
Most insurance companies often offer far less than the true cost of an accident. These companies also regularly claim that they can't offer a penny more. Don't believe them. You shouldn't have to pay for someone else's reckless behavior. You deserve to be compensated fairly.
Yes. And we know how to do it. Our results-driven lawyers have dedicated their careers to making insurance companies pay car accident injury victims more. We're proud of our work because this money enables our clients to live with dignity.
Don't let insurance companies push you around. Push back. Contact Michigan car accident attorneys Fraser & Souweidane and demand justice.
Back to Top
Should I file an auto accident lawsuit in Michigan?
Sometimes, filing a lawsuit in Michigan for your car accident is the best way to get the money you rightfully deserve. That's why it's important you contact us as soon as possible. We can explain all the legal options available to you based on the details of your accident.
No two accidents are alike. That's why we want to learn more about your case. There might be something unique about your case that makes a certain legal strategy for maximizing the compensation you receive for your Michigan car accident.
Many Michigan car accident lawyers talk about what they can do for accident victims. We believe our results speak for themselves. In case after case, we routinely obtain large financial settlements or verdicts for our clients.
We're able to obtain such money for our clients because we work hard and thoroughly understand Michigan's legal system. You didn't do anything to cause your car accident. You shouldn't have to suffer financially because of someone else's mistake.
Make your case matter. Contact Fraser & Souweidane today. Call (866) 465-9095 right now. Our experienced attorneys serve car accident victims in Detroit, Wayne County, Macomb County, Oakland Counties and injury victims throughout Michigan.
Fraser & Souweidane, P.C. - exceptional attorneys focused on your personal needs.